KIPDECO POLICIES AND OBJECTIVES
When Katsina State was created on 23rd September 1987 it was among the less developed States. However, the State is blessed with abundant mineral, agricultural and human resources. KIPDECO was incorporated to play a leading role in harnessing and exploiting these resources for the state’s industrial and commercial development. To achieve this, KIPDECO has been pursuing the following objectives.
(a) Acting as the State’s Investment Agency by engaging in activities that stimulate, promote, and enhance rapid economic and industrial development of the State through:
- Identifying potential investment (both Local and Foreign) for new projects.
- Undertaking direct investment in equity and loans in selected industries adjudged to be viable.
- Provision of information on investment opportunities in the state to interested persons and bodies corporate.
- Provision of business counseling and other investment services to entrepreneurs.
- Provision of investment advisory services to the State Government
(b) Property Development.
(c) Investment Supervision.
(d) Undertaking such services and other functions as may be assigned to it from time to time by the State Government.